The bug numbers refer to our internal bug database (and no, we
don't have tens of thousands of MAT bugs - the bug database covers
a huge number of projects).
- MATWeb cannot restart on Windows if it's connected to a
- "Save rich" in the UI is always assumed to succeed, since the
system asks the browser to save the document and there's no
possibility of feedback. This means that if the document has
been changed, the system will believe that the changes have now
been saved, whether or not the user completes the save action in
the browser. Future undo/redo steps will not prompt the user to
confirm that unsaved changes can be undone.
- Bug 14510: The annotation palette redraws itself whenever an
annotation is added or removed, leading to sluggish behavior
with large files.
- Bug 16227: rerunning the experiment engine, except to
regenerate scores, seems to be a good idea which is poorly
implementations for document manipulation do the right thing for
Unicode characters outside plane 0. If your document contains
such characters, expect your offsets to be wrong; the system is
basically unusable for such documents, and unfortunately does
not yet report that.
- Bug 23906: The Java service API only permits JSON files to be
imported into workspaces.
- Bug 24027: Under some unusual circumstances involving the
proxy_for_steps attribute in task XML files, the MAT engine will
not be able to infer that certain steps have occurred. This
problem arises when proxy_for_steps has been used to group
together multiple overlapping but not identical sets of steps.
- Bug 27456: The model inventory for the Web server is collected
at startup time. If you build a model after the Web server
starts up, it won't see the model.
- Bug 35858: In some limited circumstances, if you change the
value of an annotation attribute in the UI and then click "OK"
in the annotation popup editor, the UI will reconfigure itself
in such a way that it moves the "OK" button out from under your
mouse and fails to dismiss the dialog, due to the order of blur
and click methods in the UI library.
- Bug 36574: The xml-inline writer preserves set and list
attribute values by concatenating them using a comma, but it
doesn't escape the comma in string values.
- Bug 36827: Because CSS is case-insensitive, annotation labels
which differ only in case will not be distinguishable in the UI
- Bug 37250: The XML template digester reduces its digested
values to ASCII, meaning that label names, attribute names, etc.
- any value in the task.xml file - must be ASCII. The code now
makes an exception for tokenless whitespace delimiters, but this
restriction must ultimately be globally removed.
- Autotagging in the UI intentionally fails to copy
annotation-valued attributes. We do this because anchored
events, when autotagged, will almost always want their own
argument fillers. We recognize that there are situations where
we'd want to retain these attributes, and other situations in
which we'd want to fail to copy certain string-valued
attributes. We hope to address these issues in a future release.